Between “The End” and the Upload: Six Steps to Self-Publishing
with Joan Leacott
October 14th - 25th, 2019
RWF Members: FREE, join today
RWA Members: $30
General Public: $40
Congratulations! You’ve completed your story! You’ve decided to take control and self-publish. Rock on!
Where you go from here? How do you get your book on the shelves, electronic or bricks & mortar? What do you need to know before you announce your release date?
In this workshop, we’ll walk over the stepping stones between typing “The End” and clicking the upload button on a vendor’s or distributor’s website.
- Polish: Types of edits, DIY tools, finding an editor.
- Prepare: Between cover designers, formatters, narrators, there are lots of ways to spend your money before you’ve made a penny of royalties. How much is too much?
- Protect: Copyrights, ISBNs, piracy.
- Print: Trimming, binding, bleeding… what horrors await you behind those portals?
- Price: Competition is fierce, pricing is tough. Crunch the numbers.
- Publish: The many ways can you sell a book; direct, bookstores, libraries. Go wide or exclusive. To print or not to print.
Joan Leacott is the author of The Clarence Bay Chronicles, a contemporary romantic women’s fiction series set on the beautiful shores of Georgian Bay, Canada. After releasing her third title, Joan put her sharply-honed Word formatting skills to use at Woven Red Author Services. Released in July 2017, her Mastering Word for Fiction Writers, a Featured Resource at Kobo Writing Life, is the definitive online course to help you use Word with power.
**Please allow up to 24 hours for confirmation email**